Nov. 22, 2019
Maple Garlic Roast Turkey Recipe
In this fall-inspired main dish, turkey is brushed and basted with a maple-garlic butter throughout the roasting process, creating both sweet and savory flavors that harmonize into the perfect bite.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together maple-garlic butter ingredients until blended.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan, and brush with ¼ cup butter mixture. Place whole garlic inside turkey, and pour broth into the bottom of the roasting pan. Cover with aluminum foil, and roast for 1 hour.
- Remove turkey from the oven, and brush with another ¼ cup of the butter mixture. Cover, return to the oven, and roast for 1 hour.
- Remove turkey from the oven, and brush with remaining butter mixture. Increase oven temperature to 425°F and roast, uncovered, for 30–45 minutes or until turkey is cooked completely and golden brown.
- Let rest for 30 minutes before slicing and serving. Remove garlic from inside the turkey and add it to the platter as a garnish along with citrus fruits and herbs. Pour pan drippings over sliced turkey.